A fan is mechanical machines that can generate airflow where they are placed. They are the common electrical device in the house. Every house in India, including slums, will have them as they are widely used irrespective of any climatic condition. In summers it gives cool air in the room and in the rainy season they are used for drying the clothes. They can add value to the room by their looks and elegant designs.
Ceiling fan buying guide for beginners
The following guidelines need to be followed while buying a best ceiling fan for the house or other domestic purposes.
- Know the room size: Fans are available in numerous sizes and shapes. Hence, for selecting the suitable one, fan sweep size needs to be estimated. The diameter that is covered by fan motion is called a fan sweep size. Ideally, they are located in the centre of the room for covering the maximum area.
- The number of blades: In India, three-blade fans are mostly used as they provide good air circulation. It is said that the more the number of blades, the air circulation will be less. Hence, it is advised to go with three-blade fans.
- The tilt angle of the fan blade: Blade shape plays a critical role in air circulation. They should maintain a tilting angle ranging between 12 to 15 degrees. If the tilting angle is more, it increases the pressure on the fan, and also the power consumption increases.
- The motor of fan: Motor is the soul and heart of the ceiling fan. Mostly, they are of two types, which are single phase induction motor and BLDC motors. BLDC motors are the most efficient and can save power consumption.
- Control options: Ceiling fans have a regulator fixed on the switchboard for controlling the speed. With the recent technology, remote control options are coming for controlling the speed. Some of them have a pull chain system for control purposes. Few of them even have a bulb attached for serving the dual purpose of illumination and air circulation.
- Location: Location depends on the size and share of the room. The height of the ceiling also plays a vital role in the fan location. For a square-shaped room, the fan should be placed in the centre for better air circulation, and for the elongated room, it is advised to have multiple fans. An ideal distance of eight feet should be present between the fan and flooring. If the ceiling height is less than eight feet, a short mounting rod is advised, and if the height is more than ten feet, a long rod needs to be used.
- Installation: When an individual buys them, a manual guide of how to install them will be provided, and it is advised to follow those steps strictly. If it is difficult to install, then an electrician needs to be called for installation.
- Cost: They should not cost more to the customer as they are a basic need and widely used.
Hence, by knowing a few things, anyone can buy the ceiling fan for their daily use.