Cleaning the house with a spin mop is important. But it is equally important to maintain a clean spin mop head. Yes, regular cleaning of the spin mop head can remove the dirt and bacteria present in it. Since they are important for the cleanliness of your home, you have to wash your spin mop head.
Think about it – can something dirty make things clean? That is why you need to know the proper way about washing the spin mop heads. Below are the ways you can wash a vileda spin mop head to make sure you get the best out of it.
How to wash vileda spin mop head
There are 2 ways by which you can wash a vileda spin mop head to make it clean and fresh. You can wash it either by hand or using a washing machine.
No matter what step you want to follow, the preparatory step will be to soak the spin mop head in hot water and then rinse it with clean water for 2 times. After that, you can follow any method given below.
In this method, you will do the washing with the help of bleach.
- First, take a bucket filled with clean water.
- In this, add some bleach for killing the pathogens in the spin mop head.
- Soak the spin mop head in the bucket and leave it undisturbed for 30-40 minutes.
- After soaking it, remove the mop head from the bucket and rinse completely. This ensures that the bleach gets removed.
- Remove the excess water and hang it to dry.
Both machine washing and manual washing is acceptable for vileda spin mop head. Just make sure that the temperature is below 60 degrees Celsius. Washing the mop head in the machine is better than manual washing. Below are steps to do it correctly.
- Loosen the spin mop head from the mop handle. Do it carefully, or else it can spoil the mop head. If you are unsure about this, refer to the instruction manual before doing it.
- Set the washing machine’s cycle as gentle with temperature below 60 degrees Celsius.
- Add detergent. If the spin mop head is extremely dirty, you can add bleach.
- After the cycle gets over, take out the spin mop head gently.
- Hang it outside to dry it. This will kill any surviving pathogens.
The bottom line
As you can see, washing your vileda spin mop head is not a choice but an important step that you should do. Try to do it regularly if possible. Since there are 2 ways to make it clean, you can choose which one fits your circumstances. Machine washing is easy and time-saving when you compare it to manual washing.
Instead of throwing away the dirty mop head, try throwing it inside a washing machine to make it as good as new. A clean spin mop head can mean a successful cleaning of your home.